Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just Starting Out

So...i'm starting a new blog, something I've been wanting to do for a long time.  But now that I'm typing I find myself wondering if I have anything to say at all.  This is an odd question, especially if you know me, because I never really have a shortage of things to say.  Here though, I want to say things that are meaningful and entertaining, but most of all edifying to others.  I named my blog, Striving For More, because lately I find myself striving for more. The word strive has several definitions:
1. to exert oneself vigorously; try hard: He strove to make himself understood.
2. to make strenuous efforts toward any goal: to strive for success.
3. to contend in opposition, battle, or any conflict; compete.

So lately I find myself exerting myself vigorously and trying hard to accomplish several things.  I am striving for more of God, striving to be more like Jesus, striving to more of a husband to my wife and a father to my children, striving for more in business, and just striving for more in general.

Some might say that some of these things cannot be achieved through striving at all, but I would differ in opinion. I feel that any goal that is worth attaining deserves vigorous exertion and hard trying. I know that all God requires for salvation is believe and confess (Rom 10:9-10), but he still told us to, press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus, Philippians 3:14.

So here I am pressing and striving for more of the things that I believe will please God.  If you are striving for more like me then I hope you will follow this blog. I'll try not to bore or preach you to death or to life, but instead to let you in so we can grow and achieve that much sought after "MORE" together.

God Bless and Much Love
Reuel

1 comment:

  1. God never changes, however, the 'things' of God are progressive.

    The reason the early church missed the Messiah when He appeared was -- in part -- because the church was stuck...in tradition, the letter of the law killeth. The same practices over and continuous without any edition, change was not welcomed. As a result of not being open to "the now instructions" from God; they missed it! God appeared in the flesh and the stuck, the traditional, not open to change church of ole, curcified the God of the Universe. The church...

    Striving is a form of progressing. Reuel, you are smack-dab in line with a characteristic of your God.

    Looking forward to reading more of your story "on more". God bless. ~Karen H.

    ReplyDelete