Monday, April 18, 2011

Where is your obedience?

So before I get into it let me say this is a very personal and open blog post....Bare with me.

Lately things have been a little busy in my life, between work, and family, and of course the all important TV (LOL). I noticed over the last few months my time in the word and prayer and even church attendance was seriously slacking. If I am completely honest I was giving much more time to everything else except the things of God. I have still been praying and reading the word but with much less frequency and much less desire. I noticed that not only was I not spending the time but that I wasn't really pressed to do so. Now don't get me wrong, I Love the Lord and and I am still striving to live a life that is pleasing to him but I have not felt that same desire to spend time with him in the word and prayer.

So last night I said to God that I was going to do better in this area. So I woke up this morning and had devotion and prayed and felt that I was good to go. But then as I was driving to work and just talking to God and I said to him Father what is happening with my desire to spend time in your word and in prayer, I used to feel like I couldn't wait to be there and soak it all up and now I don't feel it. Then I said Father give me that desire back so I can get back into the swing of things.

As soon as I finished with this plea to God to give me back the desire or the hunger and thirst he replied as plain as day in my spirit and what he said shook me to the core. I said give me the desire back and He said; Where is your obedience? WOw!!!! Where is your obedience? What a convicting question to me. It didn't take a great revelation from heaven from or any further study for me to understand what He was saying to, and I guess it would go for all of us :

When all the feelings are gone and there is no desire there don't forget that Obedience to the Father is always the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment