Thursday, July 21, 2011

An Ode to My Wife on Her Birthday...

I don't know why I would title this blog Ode, when I don't posses a hint of poetic ability, but it sounded cool so I went with it.

Anyway, today is a monumental day in my life's history, it is the birthday of the wonderful, beautiful woman that God has blessed me with, Crystal Bianca Williams.


I tried to find a poem on line that summed up my feelings and I couldn't, i tried o find a verse of scripture to do so and I couldn't find one small enough to not make this post unbearably long, so I decided to just write what I felt.  So here we go;

Crystal,
You are a blessing from God in my life, he has truly shown me favor by blessing me with you. I know I have not perfected showing my appreciation for you, but yet you are still here loving me nonetheless. I know we were meant to be because of how God is using each of us to make the other better, and because I don't think there is anyone better suited to put up with someone like me. By the grace of God I am going to give you all that he desires you to have, and more than you could ever want. My love for you is unspeakable and I am grateful to God for this day and the many more we will share together. You have been a friend, a mother, a coach, a supporter, and of course a lover beyond what I deserve or have earned and I am grateful to you for that.

Love,
Your Husband

PS
I was going to throw some Song of Solomon scriptures in here, but they weren't G rated enough...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment