Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Daddy's Home!!!!!!!

There are a few phrases I hear on a daily basis, but not too many come close to making feel as good as "Daddy's Home!!!!"

If you are not a father, or you are a father but you have decided to not take the necessary responsibility of being involved in your children's lives, then you cannot quite understand the joy that is felt in being greeted at the door by children that have been eagerly awaiting your return home from work. It is an honor to be a parent, and I feel it is a special honor to be a father, after all God is a father.

In our home I play multiple roles; husband, provider(God of course provides, but uses me as a vehicle), disciplinarian, encourager, sometimes cook and cleaner. But besides husband, nothing compares to being DAD. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love my children and have made many sacrifices for them, but there is no price I have paid that compares to how they make me feel when they show that is spite of many things they still love me and are eager to see me.  In spite of the spankings and groundings, in spite of the chastisement and lecturing, in spite of my hectic work schedule and often limited time they are still always eager to see me when I return.

This makes me think of my Father God.  I bet he feels this way about me and you too.  I bet he loves when we are eager to be in his presence again, and when in spite of all the issues we face in life we still Love and trust him.

Now that i think about it, the only thing better than being a husband and a father is being fathered by God...

No comments:

Post a Comment